Call Us Today: 07931704215

No Win No Fee Housing Disrepair Solicitors

We’re dependable solicitors specializing in housing disrepair cases, offering support for your claim on a no win, no fee basis.

To learn more about our services or check your eligibility to make a claim, complete the form or call our disrepair helpline at 07931704215 today.

Usually Replies Within A Day

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.

Sue Hirst

The service was excellent..very professional solicitor Danielle Burrow was very friendly and competent with every aspect of our case..I would definitely recommend this solicitor's anyone.


Simon Poole

Excellent levels of service throughout the sale of my property. Carol and Natalie were consistently helpful and always quick to respond to my queries. The level of service I received from them both went well above and beyond my expectations. I would highly recommend.


Eric Rhodes

Brilliant solicitors very helpful helped me through my time of need. Would recommend to anyone if you want a solicitor ring these you won't regret it. 10 out 10 thank you all


Joseph Martin

I’ve dealt with Williams & Co through Peter for many years. The company continues to be highly effective, trustworthy and efficient. Traditional services such as Conveyancing where they will support you and act for you with sincerity and clarity.

Struggling with mould or disrepair and ignored by your landlord? We’re here to help you reclaim your right to a safe home. Our no win, no fee guarantee lets you fight for compensation without financial risk. Don’t suffer in silence; take action today and let us hold those responsible accountable for neglect.

Damp Issues

Mould Issues

Water Leaks

Structural Issues

Damaged Windows

Heating Issues

Broken Doors

Electrical Issues

What is housing disrepair?


Repair is the converse of disrepair. There must be disrepair before a landlord can be held responsible to repair it. Moreover, the tenant must have reported the disrepair to the landlord and the landlord must be given a reasonable period of time in which to carry out the requisite repairs. In essence, disrepair is the deterioration of something within a property. This change in quality could be physical damage to the exterior or interior, or infestation, plumbing problems, mould issues, or anything that prevents you from living normally in the rented property. Landlords have a legal duty to keep the structure, interior and exterior of a property in good repair and working order. A failure to do so is a breach of Section 11 Landlord Tenant Act 1984.

Unsafe Living Conditions? Demand better,

Repair and Redecoration


The obligation under the statutory provisions of the Landlord and Tenant Act includes an obligation to carry out the decorative work required in order to preserve the defective item(s). The requirement to repair carries with it an obligation on the landlord to both make good and redecorate on completion of the repair works.


Who can claim and what are examples of issues you can claim for


If you rent your home and it is in disrepair, you can seek compensation for distress, discomfort, inconvenience and diminution in value of your rent. If you are tenant living in a rented property, your landlord is required by law to ensure:


  • Your home is in a good state of repair structurally
  • There is no rising damp and mould in the property
  • You have access to safe electricity, gas, and water
  • You have working hygiene facilities, such as toilets, basins, sinks
  • Your home is free from vermin and infestations
  • You have a working heating system
  • Your drains and gutters are working correctly
  • Your roof is intact and safe


If any of the above is an issue for you and your home, you may be eligible to claim compensation and force your landlord to carry out repairs.


Unsure On Whether You Can Claim?

What is the process for claiming


The process is relatively straightforward and involves sending a letter to your landlord that complies with the Housing Conditions Pre-Action Protocol. The letter of claim will set out the disrepair items you have been complaining about, as well as confirming when you first started complaining about the disrepair. Your landlord is required to provide a protocol response within 21 days of receiving the letter of claim.


If the landlord is engaged in the process, the parties will then seek to instruct a building surveyor to provide a Housing Conditions Report. This repair will set out whether the items you complain of fall within the landlords repairing obligations and give an estimate of cost for completing the repair works.


if there is clear evidence you have been complaining about the disrepair, your landlord is required to pay you compensation for distress, discomfort and inconvenience.

Win On Your Claim Or Pay Nothing.

How will the claim be funded


We offer to deal with your claim on a ‘Conditional Fee Agreement’, also known as a “No win, No fee” arrangement. This means that if you lose your case, you will not have to pay our fees.  If you win your case, your landlord will generally pay your legal costs.


In the event that your claim is successful, then we would deduct a contribution towards our legal fees, known as a “Success Fee”.  We have capped our Success Fee at 25% of the compensation which you receive.


An insurance policy may be incepted at the outset of your claim, to protect you from having to pay your landlord’s costs in the event that your claim is unsuccessful. This will be discussed on a case by case basis before proceedings are issued. The majority of cases we deal with settle without the need to issue court proceedings.